Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MotM- Goldberg VS Undertaker- worst match ever?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MotM- Goldberg VS Undertaker- worst match ever?

https://www.spreaker.com/episode/18209419

as pointed out, the undertaker is in his 50's, and just can't physically perform at the level he used to. Goldberg has always been one of those matches that goes in, does his squash match, and gtfo. Put those 2 in a 10 minute bout, and you bet your ass that the undertaker is probably going to be winded out, and goldberg not knowing what the fuck to do, because he's not exactly known for long matches and has to pace himself with a tired out undertaker, so I'm not suprised that match was a complete fucking shitshow. Now, had this match happened 15 years ago when taker was still young enough that he could go, then maybe taker could've carried the match and made it much better and most certainly gave a better finish than that weak-as-fuck chokeslam. Then again, I suspect something was wrong and had to cut it short, but that may have been a mercy in disguise for both of their careers.

Comment

Waste of time...awful match.

Comment

I dunno, it all seems so.... safe... nowadays. Like they'r just going through the motions or something. Don't get me wrong, it takes a level of fitness to walk into a ring and throw three hundred pounds of meat about night after night, but dammit - I remember when they used to sell it a lot more convincingly than what I saw there. Back when there was actual competition. You know, when different wrestling outfits were competing for the audience and not simply one monolithic corporate structure operating in a PC environment and pretending to drive competition between different rosters it has control over.

Still one of the highlights of the WWE and its fucking 18 years gone now. They really need to get back to that.

Comment

Originally posted by din365 View Post
          as pointed out, the undertaker is in his 50's, and just can't physically perform at the level he used to. Goldberg has always been one of those matches that goes in, does his squash match, and gtfo. Put those 2 in a 10 minute bout, and you bet your ass that the undertaker is probably going to be winded out, and goldberg not knowing what the fuck to do, because he's not exactly known for long matches and has to pace himself with a tired out undertaker, so I'm not suprised that match was a complete fucking shitshow. Now, had this match happened 15 years ago when taker was still young enough that he could go, then maybe taker could've carried the match and made it much better and most certainly gave a better finish than that weak-as-fuck chokeslam. Then again, I suspect something was wrong and had to cut it short, but that may have been a mercy in disguise for both of their careers.
          Well, Goldberg claims he legit knocked himself out with the posting and the cut was a hard way. Even with visual proof he bladed.

OK, OK, he has two cuts, maybe it's true.

IF that's the case, Taker needed to stall a bit and let Goldy get his bearing's. The power moves, the London bridge jackhammer, shouldn't have ever been attempted.

Taker is no saint, either. He drops Goldberg on his head with that nasty looking tombstone.

But I agree, 20 years ago, this match would have been epic, lol. It's a damn shame these guys are paraded out there in Saudi Arabia for money.

Taker just can't go any more, not that Goldberg can, Goldberg can if booked correctly. Taker is dangerous. This is what, three matches in a row where Taker looks like he would legit cripple somebody with a spot. If Vince continues to prance him out there, he has to be booked with somebody light and quick who can do all the work and take every bump.

I am just thankful I didn't watch somebody I grew up admiring paralyze themselves for ten dollars. And that's the pathetic truth

Comment

Working...
          X