Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

War for the Planet of the Apes poses some interesting questions...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War for the Planet of the Apes poses some interesting questions...

Just saw the movie the other day and it imprinted in my mind of couple of nagging questions.

Disclaimer: If you haven't seen it yet, stop reading because I might spoil it for you.

First off... the virus present in humans has morphed into a voice or speech robbing strain and it's seen as undesirable and possibly species destroying exactly why? I for one enjoy the absence of constant babbling about random stupid things like sports, politics, and the nasty sounds which come out of pop singers mouths. I couldn't have designed a better evolutionary devolution myself.

Add to it the fact that both human armies were committed to killing each other over the idea it could or couldn't be medically cured and you've got a blood thirsty version of Dr. Seuss's Sneetches... which is ironic and personally amusing.

Second, Caesar and his three mates kill (in self defense mind you) the carer of the young virus affected girl who they refuse to leave behind as she'd die. She can't speak but quickly learns to communicate with and love her ape saviours... and that's touching, but it doesn't address the elephant or spider monkey in the room.

That little girl asked if she was an ape too and was given the pet name Nova (because of the Chevrolet badge in her pocket). That little girl made the migration with her fellow apes far away from humans and she won't be a little ape forever.

Puberty will hit and she'll inevitably want a relationship with a male close to her age and there probably won't be any in her species and even if so, to her liking as a self identifying ape.

Plus, teenagers are notorious for being rebellious and rather sexually opportunistic. Will she find her hairy ape high school sweetheart and later negotiate a surrogate ape mum to get her family going, or will she remain childless and the dirty stopout for horny middle aged married apes afraid of fathering bastard children?

I seriously wonder what the next sequel does.

"It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be...

War is the ultimate game because war is at last a forcing of the unity of existence. War is god." ~ Judge Holden
    uyd6t

Comment

Working...
    X