Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I knew I shoulda taken that right turn at Albuquerque!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I knew I shoulda taken that right turn at Albuquerque!

You know, I once considered myself to be more politically aligned with the left than the right. Not that I blindly follow anyone's dogma mind you, I just honestly felt that there were some compelling arguments on offer from both sides, but managed to find more common ground with leftist policies while cherry picking some of the right's better ideals where it made sense to do so.

I've noticed a shift in that way of thinking, and it's largely due to the sorts of people I see representing the liberals lately. Watching how badly the DNC behaved last year was a large part of it, though an even larger part can be laid squarely at the door of their supporters. People like Lemon for instance, whose inability for reasoned commentary leads me to suspect that the welfare driven dogma of the neo-libs has produced a nation of hateful leftist bigots who are bereft of rational discourse and who would happily scream about right wing nazis even as they themselves would indulge in the kinds of violent temper tantrums that would have made even Adolph Hitler blush. Leftist analogues of Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh, though with even less of the intellectual capacity to express themselves... and nowhere was this more evident than the storms of unbelievable skunk shit that was being rammed down everyone's throats over what supposedly went down in Charlottesville not so long ago. Orchestrated race baiting from Antifa and BLM members, egged on by the George Soroses of this world and at the expense of people whose only crime was they didn't with to see a piece of their heritage pulled down. Don't tell me it didn't happen, I've seen the raw footage and it's nothing short of abhorrent behaviour on the part of people who I once believed knew better.

I can't in all good conscience align myself with that kind of mindset. It was a large part of the reason why I gave some of the more intellectually challenged pundtioids from the right such a hard time when O'Bummer was in office. Over-reactionary zealots and I simply do not mix. I can work under a variety of political systems, but the policies of their practitioners need to be articulated, not simply reliant on a bunch of jingoistic bullcrap with no substance behind it. Give me something with intellectual merit to work with and for heavens sake stick to it... at least then I know where I stand and can figure out a way to make it work to my advantage.

Recently I've found myself listening more to the kinds of commentary I find through commentators like StyxHexenHammer666 and Stefan Molyneux, two people with their own distinct political outlooks and increasingly less to the corporate owned dinosaur media whose amorphous agenda seems to be summed up in "left good, right bad". I still give the Keith Olbermanns of this world an airing on occasion, but have yanked the plug on my cable TV subscription after one too many John Oliver obsessions over what Trump has done in the last 48 hours. I don't regard Trump overly highly at all, he's done some pretty retarded things in my books, but it hasn't been ALL retarded and I'm more than a little sick and tired of watching the legacy media twisting itself into a pretzel in ever more blatant attempts to market his every last act in a negative light. As disenchanted as I find myself becoming with the faceless monoliths of corporate media, it is a refreshing breath of air to scour YouTube for any cogent argument from real people whose views are their own, not ones that have been mapped out for them by script writers and big business interests. I may not agree with all their views either, but at least they can make the case for them. At least there's a variety there. At least I am given a better understanding of the political landscape and every once in a while, a reason to adjust my political outlook.

It sure as fuck beats joining the herd, particularly when the herd is increasingly being revealed as an angry, pitchfork wielding mindless mob. I would rather be at liberty to question anything I choose to and to find my own way through this schemozzle than be led by the nose by anyone expecting blind abeyance of my own interests in favour of theirs under pain of being cast as a nazi sympathist should I so much as make a peep out of place and being summarily pelted with rocks and urine filled water balloons for my troubles.

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable. I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
    - Robert A. Heinlein

Well said, well written. As everyone who knows of me, the Dictionary looked hard for the most accurate meaning of "misanthrope." They rarely if ever fuck those things up.

I met Alex Jones at a Hyde Park restaurant. Now, every time I'm at a bar I try to get everyone into whatever ridiculous topic I could come up with. Young, old, male, female, bartender if necessary. I'm pretty popular at the roach-run establishments - the bar and grills I frequent. Steps in Alex.

He didn't include himself on our fun topic, that faggot loudly preached. The bar emptied pretty fast with a few lovely smiles while saying shit like "See you next time." I would've left too but I still had some drinkin' to do. I wish it blew my liver up that night.

I've naturally never registered to vote, meaning I've never cast a single vote even once: not local, not big. All it does is add you to jury duty, to which I would slam my fist in the room and insist that s/he was not guilty, regardless of the legitimate charges that made everyone sitting behind them openly cry. Even a nigger...

SSS
    - that would be kinda fun
    uyd6t

Comment

Originally posted by Slink View Post
      You know, I once considered myself to be more politically aligned with the left than the right. Not that I blindly follow anyone's dogma mind you, I just honestly felt that there were some compelling arguments on offer from both sides, but managed to find more common ground with leftist policies while cherry picking some of the right's better ideals where it made sense to do so.

I've noticed a shift in that way of thinking, and it's largely due to the sorts of people I see representing the liberals lately. Watching how badly the DNC behaved last year was a large part of it, though an even larger part can be laid squarely at the door of their supporters. People like Lemon for instance, whose inability for reasoned commentary leads me to suspect that the welfare driven dogma of the neo-libs has produced a nation of hateful leftist bigots who are bereft of rational discourse and who would happily scream about right wing nazis even as they themselves would indulge in the kinds of violent temper tantrums that would have made even Adolph Hitler blush. Leftist analogues of Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh, though with even less of the intellectual capacity to express themselves... and nowhere was this more evident than the storms of unbelievable skunk shit that was being rammed down everyone's throats over what supposedly went down in Charlottesville not so long ago. Orchestrated race baiting from Antifa and BLM members, egged on by the George Soroses of this world and at the expense of people whose only crime was they didn't with to see a piece of their heritage pulled down. Don't tell me it didn't happen, I've seen the raw footage and it's nothing short of abhorrent behaviour on the part of people who I once believed knew better.

I can't in all good conscience align myself with that kind of mindset. It was a large part of the reason why I gave some of the more intellectually challenged pundtioids from the right such a hard time when O'Bummer was in office. Over-reactionary zealots and I simply do not mix. I can work under a variety of political systems, but the policies of their practitioners need to be articulated, not simply reliant on a bunch of jingoistic bullcrap with no substance behind it. Give me something with intellectual merit to work with and for heavens sake stick to it... at least then I know where I stand and can figure out a way to make it work to my advantage.

Recently I've found myself listening more to the kinds of commentary I find through commentators like StyxHexenHammer666 and https://www.youtube.com/user/stefbot"]Stefan Molyneux[/URL], two people with their own distinct political outlooks and increasingly less to the corporate owned dinosaur media whose amorphous agenda seems to be summed up in "left good, right bad". I still give the https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsEukrAd64fqA7FjwkmZ_Dw"]Keith Olbermanns[/URL] of this world an airing on occasion, but have yanked the plug on my cable TV subscription after one too many John Oliver obsessions over what Trump has done in the last 48 hours. I don't regard Trump overly highly at all, he's done some pretty retarded things in my books, but it hasn't been ALL retarded and I'm more than a little sick and tired of watching the legacy media twisting itself into a pretzel in ever more blatant attempts to market his every last act in a negative light. As disenchanted as I find myself becoming with the faceless monoliths of corporate media, it is a refreshing breath of air to scour YouTube for any cogent argument from real people whose views are their own, not ones that have been mapped out for them by script writers and big business interests. I may not agree with all their views either, but at least they can make the case for them. At least there's a variety there. At least I am given a better understanding of the political landscape and every once in a while, a reason to adjust my political outlook.

It sure as fuck beats joining the herd, particularly when the herd is increasingly being revealed as an angry, pitchfork wielding mindless mob. I would rather be at liberty to question anything I choose to and to find my own way through this schemozzle than be led by the nose by anyone expecting blind abeyance of my own interests in favour of theirs under pain of being cast as a nazi sympathist should I so much as make a peep out of place and being summarily pelted with rocks and urine filled water balloons for my troubles.
      You may enjoy this:

https://www.freetalklive.com/archives

Comment

Working...
      X